Business users have diverse communications needs.They may need a low-latency, highly available network for financial transactions, storage for remote, off-site backups, data center access, video conferencing, internet access, and web hosting.
They may need to connect geographically dispersed offices and remote workers.
They may need to converge services over a single infrastructure to ease management issues and save costs.
They may want access to applications in the cloud and the ability to control bandwidth based on these applications.
Carrier Ethernet, as a technology that enterprises know and understand, can provide businesses with:
- Low latency
- Extended network reach
- High performance with high reliability
- Assured quality of service
- Access to new applications
- Lower costs
The Challenges of Commercial EthernetAs business looks to the public network for solutions that will improve the way they conduct business, they also need these solutions to be highly available and reliable. Applications like HD video conferencing can save travel expenses for companies who have geographically dispersed employees and customers. Financial institutions need a low latency network that will ensure that transactions are completed securely and accurately.
Since many of these applications live in the “cloud”, the ability to make the remote cloud feel more local is imperative.
Telco Systems Solution
Ethernet offers a wide range of solutions for businesses that can include VPN, E-Line (or VPN), E-LAN, and E-Tree services (as defined by the MEF). These services support:
• Office interconnectivity for voice, video and data
• Server consolidation
• Off-site data centers
• Business continuity for secure backup
• Internet access
• Network convergence
• Low latency cloud services
Telco Systems Carrier Ethernet edge solutions utilize a common robust operating system that support simultaneous OAM (Operation, Administration & Maintenance) transactions on all services and traffic flow; service and performance monitoring; service assurance analysis; and service resiliency that are critical to enterprise operations.
These leading-edge intelligent Carrier Ethernet products enable service providers to migrate their service offerings for businesses from a first generation, best-effort solution (service-unaware) to a fully end-to-end service-aware solution across both Ethernet and MPLS networks.
- Network consolidation – support business services, packet backhaul, TDM over Ethernet over a single transport infrastructure
- Increased scalability – Virtually no limit in the number of services
- End-to-end service assurance – Per customer, per service QoS enforcement using HQoS
- Optimized network resources – Create a more deterministic network that can offload traffic through the core
- Lower CAPEX and OPEX – L2VPNs supported by H-VPLS in the edge network are simpler and more cost effective
- High availability - multiple redundancy technologies like MPLS reroute, ITU-T G.8031/8032, LACP, and resilient link.
- Service Management – provision, monitor, maintain and optimize both Ethernet and MPLS transport protocols
Take the first step in deploying your network!Feel free to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook, Twitter, or by filling the form below:
HQoS - Hierarchical Quality of ServiceHQoS allows a carrier to consolidate different services on the same physical box running on the same physical infrastructure.
HQoS is a valuable tool, especially for networks that must support multiple business customers who are running multiple applications with different prioritization and scheduling requirements over the same infrastructure.